Mural

Navigation

Links below take you to posts about this blog as well as to Max's web site.

Friday, November 15, 2013

Inside Stories About Memorable Books

Publishers Weekly asked 20 prominent editors 
to recall a personally meaningful children's book project.




Maria Modugno, editorial director, picture books, Random House Children’s Publishing


They say you always remember your first…


I had just arrived as a newly minted editor at the San Diego offices of Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, and was faced with the daunting task of publishing the first list of children’s books from the West Coast. During my last week in New York, I had met an artist who told me he lived in Santa Barbara and was interested in illustrating picture books. “Look me up if you’re ever in town,” I said casually, trying on my new laid-back California style. Much to my surprise, he showed up in my office with several book dummies that he had collaborated on with his wife. “I like to think of picture books as my own portable art gallery,” he said as he showed me his work. More . . . 

Links by this blogger:
www.maxtell.ca
YouTube
FaceBook
SoundCloud
CDBaby



No comments:

Post a Comment